Recent News from (OTC: GVXXF)
| GoviEx Uranium and Toshiba Corporation agree to settle Uranium Bond|
|Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - March 2, 2018) - GoviEx Uranium Inc. (TSXV: GXU) (OTCQB: GVXXF) ("GoviEx" or "Company") today announced that, further to its news release of December 18, 2017, it has signed a Termination Agreement and Mutual Release (the " Agreement ") with Toshi...|
| Date: March, 02 2018 07:30|
| GoviEx Uranium, Nuclear: The Only Clean Energy to Beat CO2, CEO Clip Video|
|Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - February 26, 2018) - Daniel Major, CEO of GoviEx Uranium speaks about the company's two uranium projects in Africa. If you cannot view the video above, please visit: http://www.b-tv.com/nuclear-the-only-clean-energy-to-beat-co2/ GoviEx Ura...|
| Date: February, 26 2018 17:19|
| Goviex Uranium, 2017: Year of Acquisition and Preparation|
|Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - January 9, 2018) - Dear Friends and Stakeholders of GoviEx Uranium Inc. (TSXV: GXU) (OTCQB: GVXXF) ("GoviEx" or the "Company"). As the holiday season comes to a close, we have taken time to reflect on the events that affected GoviEx during 2017 ...|
| Date: January, 09 2018 08:03|
| GoviEx Uranium Closes C$5.385 Million Private Placement Financing|
|Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - December 22, 2017) - GoviEx Uranium Inc. (TSXV: GXU) (OTCQB: GVXXF) (" GoviEx " or " Company ") today announced that, further to its news release of December 18, 2017, it has closed its private placement financing (the " Private Placement "...|
| Date: December, 22 2017 19:28|
| GoviEx to Undertake C$5 Million Private Placement|
|Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - December 18, 2017) - GoviEx Uranium Inc. (TSXV: GXU) (OTCQB: GVXXF) (" GoviEx " or " Company ") today announced it is undertaking a private placement of up to C$5,000,000 (the " Private Placement "). The Company will be offering up to approximatel...|
| Date: December, 18 2017 08:31|
Last 5 Days Trading Activity
Last 5 Days Short Activity
* Short Mode
Short Analysis provided by Squeeze Report.
About Goviex Uranium Inc (OTC: GVXXF)
GoviEx is a mineral resource company focused on the exploration and development of a diversified portfolio of uranium projects in Africa. GoviEx s principal objective is to become a significant uranium producer through the continued exploration and development of its flagship and mine permitted Madaouela Project in Niger, as well as its mine permitted Mutanga Project in Zambia, and uranium copper silver exploration Falea Project in Mali.
- Daniel John Major / CEO
- Daniel Major is a mining engineer from the Camborne School of Mines in the UK. His career spans over years in the mining industry where he has established a solid track record initially with Rio Tinto at Rossing Uranium in Namibia and later as a mining analyst with HSBC followed by JP Morgan in London. More recently Mr. Major was Chief Executive Officer and later NonExecutive Chairman of Basic Element Mining and Resource Group in Russia, and held leadership positions in several Canadian listed mining companies with exploration and producing assets in Canada, Russia and South America.
- Lei Wang / CFO
- Lei Wang, CPA, CGA, has more than years of experience in the natural mineral resources sector. Ms. Wang has been integrally involved in all areas of financial reporting, regulatory compliance, treasury, tax and corporate finance activities for both publicly traded resource companies and privately held companies. Ms. Wang has held various financial roles, including CFO, in the Canadian mineral resources industry since , and prior to that, Ms. Wang worked at Schlumberger in Aberdeen, Scotland and Glencore International in Beijing, China.
- Rodrigo Romo / Corporate Secretary
- Mr. Romo has more than years of experience in administration and management of public companies. Prior to joining GoviEx Uranium, Mr. Romo acted as Corporate Secretary of True Gold Mining Inc. acquired by Endeavour Mining Corp. in , and as Corporate Secretary for a number of the Lundin Group of Companies, namely, NGEx Resources Inc., Atacama Minerals Corp. amalgamated into RB Energy Inc. , Lucara Diamond Corp. and Fortress Minerals Corp. now Lundin Gold Inc. Prior to joining the Lundin Group, Mr. Romo acted as Corporate Secretary of Emgold Mining Corporation and ValGold Resources Ltd. Mr. Romo is a graduate of both Capilano University Paralegal Diploma and the British Columbia Institute of Technology Financial Management, Professional Accounting . Mr. Romo is a member of the Governance Professionals of Canada.
- Govind Friedland / Executive Chairman
- Govind Friedland is a geological engineer from the Colorado School of Mines. Prior to forming the Company, Mr. Friedland provided business development services to Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. now Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. and Ivanhoe Energy Inc. throughout the Asia Pacific Region for over half a decade. From , as Chief Executive Officer of the Company, Mr. Friedland was primarily responsible for raising approximately million to fund acquisitions, finance exploration and pursue other corporate initiatives focused on the Company s uranium assets in Niger. Mr. Friedland championed the Company s policy of employing a local workforce in Niger as the new paradigm for sustainable development in the region. Mr. Friedland is also a cofounder of Ivanhoe Industries, the parent company of IPulse Inc., a hitech company providing innovative solutions for mining, oil amp gas, and advanced manufacturing sectors based in Toulouse France.
- Anthony Abbenante / Independent Director
- Anthony Abbenante is President of Ivanhoe Industries, LLC March , to present , a U.S.based, privately held company actively engaged in supporting technology, energy and natural resource companies worldwide that is backed by several prominent entrepreneurs, including Robert Friedland. He was formerly an attorney at Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, a U.S. law firm, where he worked in the corporate transactional group based out of the firm s New York and Washington, D.C. offices. Mr. Abbenante has a degree in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia and a Law degree from American University in Washington, D.C.
- David Daniel Cates / Independent Director
- David Cates is a Canadian mining executive, currently serving as the President amp CEO of Denison Mines Corp. March , to Present and Uranium Participation Corp. January , to Present . Denison Mines Corp. is a publicly listed uranium exploration and development company, listed on the TSX DML and NYSE MKT DNN , with its principal assets being located in the Athabasca Basin region in Northern Saskatchewan. Uranium Participation Corp. invests in physical uranium in the form of uranium oxides in concentrates and uranium hexafluoride, and is also publicly listed on the TSX U . Mr. Cates is a Chartered Professional Accountant CPA, CA and holds Master of Accounting MAcc and Honours Bachelor of Arts BA degrees from the University of Waterloo.
- Robert Hanson / Independent Director, Compensation Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- The Hon. Robert Hanson, son of the late Lord Hanson, is the Chairman of Hanson Family Holdings, an umbrella vehicle under which various diversified interests are held including the original family business, Hanson Transport Group Limited. Mr. Hanson s formative years were served with NM Rothschild amp Sons in London, Hong Kong, Chile and Spain before joining Hanson Plc. in the s where he was responsible for strategy, mergers, acquisitions and disposals. He founded Hanson Capital Limited and also Hanson Asset Management to capitalize on his family office credentials and his worldwide network of high networth individuals, entrepreneurs and financiers. Mr. Hanson has served as a Director for Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. now Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. and SouthGobi Resources Limited. He also is the the Executive Chairman of Hanson Asset Management, Chairman of Hanson Capital Investments Ltd., Sinojie Hanson and Hanson Family Holdings Ltd. formerly Hanson Transport Group Limited , and is also Co Chairman and Managing Partner of Millennium Hanson Advisors.
- Matthew Lechtzier / Independent Director, Audit Committee Member, Compensation Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- Matthew Lechtzier is a qualified lawyer with extensive experience in marketing, transacting and documenting a variety of international financial transactions. He has acted as project manager and senior advisor for over public and private offerings. For over two decades, Mr. Lechtzier has served as Senior Vice President of Ivanhoe Capital Corporation in its offices in Singapore, Vancouver and London, where he is based. He has been responsible for transaction execution, marketing and banker and investor relations with respect to both public and private affiliated companies. In addition, he has overseen the raising of in excess of billion in five separate initial public and other offerings while at Ivanhoe Capital. Mr. Lechtzier s previous experience includes Director of Equity Capital Markets with Jardine Fleming Securities in Hong Kong, a preeminent Asianbased investment bank now JP Morgan . Over his lengthy financial management career, Mr. Lechtzier has served on the board of directors of various public and private companies. Mr. Lechtzier is the Lead Independent Director of the Company.
- Benoit La Salle / Independent Director, Audit Committee Member
- Benoit La Salle, FCPA, FCA, has years of experience in the development and operation of mining projects in West Africa. In , he founded Canadianbased SEMAFO Inc., a successful gold producer in West Africa, including Niger. He served as President and CEO of SEMAFO Inc. from its inception until August and Executive ViceChairman of the Board of SEMAFO Inc. until May . In , Mr. La Salle founded La Salle amp Associates Group, Chartered Accountants. He has served on the boards of several public companies and is the former Chairman of the Board of Plan International Canada, one of the world s largest nongovernmental organizations. Mr. La Salle is a Fellow Chartered Accountant, a member of the Quebec Order of Chartered Accountants and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. Mr. La Salle is also the Chairman of the board of directors of the Canadian Council on Africa. The Canadian Council on Africa s mission is to enhance economic development in Africa and includes members from small and large Canadian companies, academic institutions and government agencies at the federal and provincial levels. Mr. La Salle holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from McGill University and a Master of Business Administration degree from IMEDE, Switzerland.
- Christopher Stirling Wallace / Independent Director, Audit Committee Member, Compensation Committee Member, Nominating Committee Member
- Christopher Wallace is a Managing Director of CCC Investment Banking. He was formerly the Managing Partner of Second City Capital Corporation, a million private equity and mezzanine loan fund. Mr. Wallace began his career in banking years ago. In he acquired an architectural glass manufacturing business, and then ran that company until he sold his interest to his partner in . He then joined Canadian Maple Leaf Financial Corporation, a publicly traded Merchant Bank, as Chief Operating Officer. In he left the firm to set up Stirling Mercantile Corporation. Mr. Wallace has been a director Chairman of the Audit Committee of Greening Donald Company Ltd. automotive parts , Trustee Chairman of the Compensation Committee of Premium Brands Income Fund food products , Director Chairman of the Audit Committee of BOS Rentals oilfield services , Director Chairman of the Board of The Rockford Corporation pipeline construction , Director Chairman of the Board of Bennett Environmental Inc. Environmental Services and Director of Mobile Lottery Solutions Inc. gaming technology . Mr. Wallace is a graduate of Queen s University BA Hons. in Economics.
Current Share Structure
- Market Cap: $60,398,893 - 03/09/2018
- Issue and Outstanding: 327,525,044 - 11/20/2017
- Float: 228,012,543 - 11/20/2017